I’ve found that for certain categories, Mother’s Day shopping can be some of the best deals of the year. Since it’s about 2 weeks away, start planning now and you’ll be ready to get the best possible deals.
It’s a great chance to spread your Christmas shopping out so so that you don’t take as big of a hit on your budget closer to Christmas time. There are many things you can buy now, save in a special box or drawer or closest shelf until closer to Christmas, and be ready when the time comes. Also, you’ll have birthday presents at the ready in case you need a last-minute present or you don’t have the money in your budget when someone’s birthday arrives.
Gifts you can buy and store:
- Non-romantic jewelry like pins, bracelets and earrings
- Scarves and other accessories
- Depending on how well you know someone, possibly belts, or clothing
- Scented body products – perfume, lotion, fancy soap
- Kitchen products, small appliances and housewares
- Of course, if you’re looking for something for yourself, there will be some great opportunities!
The best way to find out about the deals and sales is to start now, and sign up for the email newsletters of the stores you plan to frequent. Check their websites for any advance notices of the sales. Check to see if there are any downloadable or printable store coupons. Check if they are having “doorbusters” or gift card giveaways or any other incentive to be at any particular place at any particular time. Also, find out if their sale is multi-day, or just one-day, or even if they change the sale depending on what time of day. If you haven’t already, hurry and get your discounted gift cards so that anything you buy on sale you will be paying even less with your gift card.