I’m really happy with how this turned out. I was able to use the Buy One Get One Free sales and coupons for those items that were already marked down low, and got a great deal today. Here’s what I was able to do:
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter -they had the 15 and 16 oz tubs for B1G1, at $1.65 each. I had coupons for $1 off of two, so I got a total of four packages and paid $4.58 for all 4.
- Ragu Pasta Sauce – B1G1 for $1.10 each, I had a store coupon for $1.25 off of 2, and manufacturer’s coupons for $0.25 off of one that would double, so I paid NOTHING for both jars. In fact, I ended up with an overage of about five cents. Publix will allow overages, they just apply the balance to whatever else you buy. If you have a lot of items that get an overage, they will even give you money back on your purchase. They are the only stores that do this in this area that I know of.
- Mt. Olive pickles – B1G1 for $1.42 each, I had manufacturer’s coupons for $0.55 off each. I bought four of them for $0.87 each.
- Hellmann’s mayonnaise – B1G1 for $2.50, I had a store coupon for $1.50 off and a manufacturer’s coupon for $1.00 off, so I paid NOTHING for one jar. Wish I had more coupons!
- Jolly Rancher candy – my son is older and I just wanted to get him something for Easter, I had coupons for $1.00 off of two bags and a store coupon for Buy Two Get One Free, so I paid $3.38 for 3 bags, works out to about 50% off.
- Dole Pineapple – B1G1 for $0.80 each, I had manufacturer’s coupons for $0.50 off of 2 cans that will double, so I paid $0.30 each for four cans.
- Celery on sale for B1G1 for $0.85. A great deal even without a coupon!
- Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice – B1G1 for $1.00 each, I had manufacturer’s coupons for $1.00 off of 2, so I paid $2.00 for four boxes. Normally that would be $2.00 for one box!
- Swanson’s canned chicken – regular price at $2.15 a can, but I had manufacturer’s coupons for $1.00 off of three cans, and a store coupon for $1.25 off each can, so I paid less than $2 for three cans!
- Swanson carton of stock/broth – B1G1 for $1.28 each, I had manufacturer’s coupons for $0.50 off of two that would double, so I paid $1.55 for two cartons
- Kellogg’s Apple Jacks cereal – B1G1 at $2.05 each, I had coupons for $0.50 off each box that would double, so I paid $1.05 per box. Everyone likes cereal!
According to the cash register tape, I saved $64.32 using store coupons, vendor coupons, and store special price savings. I paid $19.70 for all you see here! A HUGE addition to my stockpile of some great stuff!